Support for projects seeking to mitigate the health consequences of the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic in Denmark
The Novo Nordisk Foundation hereby invites proposals for projects that seek to mitigate the health consequences of the coronavirus epidemic in Denmark. Projects must be able to be initiated immediately, but must be of such a nature that the knowledge gathered in the project is made available and can be utilized in similar situations in the future.
Who can apply?
Applicant must be anchored on public institutions / authorities or private non-profit organizations (eg NGOs) in Denmark participating in the fight against the coronavirus epidemic. See also below the different areas within which support can be sought.
What can be applied for?
Aid can be applied for in 3 areas:
- Scientific projects that test new treatments, techniques / technologies or preventative measures that can be used quickly to deal with the health system’s challenges in the current situation. Who can apply? Researchers in hospitals, professional colleges and universities.
- Informational measures that can improve communication with citizens and knowledge of the health management of the crisis. Who can apply? Authorities and partners.
- Social measures to meet the special health needs of vulnerable groups in connection with the crisis. Who can apply? Authorities, NGOs and other not-for-profit organizations.
An appropriation can be up to DKK 5 million. The Novo Nordisk Foundation has allocated a total of DKK 50 million to the total program.
There is no application deadline. The applications are evaluated on an ongoing basis by the Novo Nordisk Foundation, and the applicant will receive an answer to the application within a few days. The program will be open to applications until the end of June, provided that funds remain in the allocated pool.
Support may be sought for:
- Salary for applicant and other persons working on the project,
- operating expenses,
- smaller appliances (up to DKK 100,000),
- administrative costs (up to 5% of the total budget).
The application must contain the following:
- A concise description of the project (max 2 pages with single line spacing and minimum 12pt font) in Danish or English. Including a description of why the application is urgent, how the project will help alleviate the acute health consequences of the coronavirus epidemic and how the knowledge gathered in the project is made available and can be utilized in similar situations in the future.
- Budget with an account of the expenditure sought. The total requested budget must not exceed DKK 5 million, including any expenses for administering the grant.
- Main Applicant’s Resume.
Applicants must be aware of the Fund’s Terms and Conditions for Grant recipients .
The application is submitted as a single pdf file to e-mail: email@example.com
Contact person: Eugenia Krasnopjorova, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org